Websites & Design
It’s an online world, and a good site speaks volumes. My sites are all about my clients, translating their likes and goals into a smooth visual interface. Classy, professional, dark, whimsical—designs can be tailored to be informative yet interesting, or cozy and comforting. Whichever combination best suits your needs.
The process is easy. Email me what you’d like in a site—style, mood, and function—and I’ll mockup some designs, which will grow and change as you provide input. All sites are coded for WordPress, giving you complete control of content. I will turn around whatever aspect of the process we’re working on within ten days. Once the site is finished and live, I will walk you through how to update your content yourself. Or if you prefer, I can maintain your content for you.
- Custom design
- Image rollover effects
- Template for WordPress
- Full initial content setup
- Full content control
- Mobile responsive
- Authors: standard bookstore icon set
Includes everything in the Standard, plus:
- An animated slider featuring photos, video, and/or the content of your choice
- Themed branding backgrounds/headers for social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter
- One matching print design of choice, such as a business card, bookmark, or flier
- Electronic newsletter header design
The Whole Shebang
Includes everything in the Upgrade, plus:
- A custom template for Tumblr or other blogging platform, matching your design
- A custom set of social media & bookstore icons
- Standard option: Three matching print designs, instead of one
- Author option: one matching print design & a chapter preview booklet
- Business option: one matching print design & a brochure
- Newsletter header designed for both web and print
Hosting & Maintenance
I am happy to update or maintain any site, regardless of whether I designed it or not. I can work on an as needed basis, plugging in requested updates for an hourly fee.
Some clients prefer to avoid WordPress altogether and email me weekly with blog posts and updates. Since this can rack up on an hourly basis, I offer a monthly retainer option.
- Hosting: $55/year
- As needed maintenance: $30/hour
- Ongoing maintenance: $40/month, billed automatically
A $400 deposit is required with any website package. The rest is due upon completion of the site. Due to the nature of the work, there are no refunds.
Since not everyone who needs a site can afford the full cost up front, I’m happy to offer payment schedules over three to eight months. These can be automatic monthly payments, or larger amounts delivered on a per-arranged basis. Let me know upfront, and we can work out a timeline.